IP Networks Engineer
Sure has a vacancy for an IP Networks Engineer, to work within the IP Networks team and contribute to the engineering provision, development, management and maintenance of the Sure IP network, security and related systems and platforms.
Experience and skills:
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in computing or related field.
- Professional Cisco accreditation.
- Strong proven IP and technical networking knowledge.
- Experience in developing, managing and supporting IP networks.
- Prior knowledge and experience of configuring and maintaining network hardware, including routers and switches.
- Experience supporting Softswitch or mobile networks including VoIP protocols.
- Prior knowledge and experience of BGP dynamic routing protocols.
- Appreciation of the telecommunications market and customers.
Join us and you will enjoy some of the many benefits that Sure provides, including but not limited to: competitive salary, incentive bonus scheme, Pension and opportunities for continued professional development.
Due to the nature of this position, the post holder must hold a Satisfactory Police Disclosure.
Further information regarding the responsibilities of the post may be discussed with Mark Street on E: firstname.lastname@example.org. An application form and copy of the Job Description may be obtained from Shara Robinson on E: email@example.com
Application should be submitted to the HR Department, Sure SA Ltd, Ross Road, Stanley by 4pm on Monday 31 January 2022.
Why work for Sure?
We’re a major employer in the Falklands and a rapidly growing business in the South Atlantic.
Across the islands, we deliver mobile, broadband, fixed line, wind turbines support, data and enterprise solutions to consumers, corporate and public sector clients as well as carrier services to other telecoms providers around the globe.
This diverse customer base means that we offer a wide range of career opportunities - from corporate and retail sales and customer support, to engineering, product design and network design and consultancy. As you may expect we also have significant IT, marketing, finance, HR and facilities management support functions, all integral to our business.
Here are the top reasons why we can offer our employees a highly rewarding career:
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We are part of the global Batelco Group, which operates across 14 markets internationally in locations as diverse as Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Maldives, Diego Garcia, St. Helena, Ascension Islands, and Falklands.
- We’re big enough to offer you the security and career progression that you want, but small enough that you can make a real difference to other islanders, and enrich the lives of our customers.
In addition to our career opportunities at Sure, we also have a number of student opportunities if you are a school or college leaver read more below.
Sure Academy Opportunities
What is the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is a two-year paid employment programme. It is part of our commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace and provide an opportunity for bright, enthusiastic and motivated school and college leavers to join our business and gain practical training, an internationally recognised qualification and a high quality experience that will lead to an exciting and challenging career.
Why would you want to join the Sure Academy?
As well as the top reasons above;
- You’ll be earning money while gaining experience and getting practical ‘on the job’ training, which can be a great alternative to University.
- You'll work in a fast-paced technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We’ll sponsor you to gain an internationally recognised qualification - all while getting paid!
- It’s the starting point for a fantastic career!
What would you be doing?
You would spend time working in both our mobile engineering & networks team and in our Retail team.
This will give you experience in both technical and commercial environments, as well as an understanding of the Company as a whole.
In year two, you will also be sponsored by Sure to study towards an internationally recognised qualification.
There are a number of qualifications available to you, depending on what you would like to specialise in - don’t worry if you don’t know right now what interests you most, during year one of the programme you will work on a variety of projects which will help you decide which area you are most interested in.
How long is the scheme?
The scheme is a two-year programme.
What is required to apply?
The Sure Academy is a two-year programme and might be for you if you:
- are based in Falklands.
- are age 17 or over, seeking a career in engineering and/or telecommunications.
- have passed qualifications at GCSE Levels, most probably in English, Maths, Science, engineering or IT related subject.
If you are interested in finding out more please get in touch with us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org